Applying for Admission to Undergraduate Programs
Whether you have questions relating to program requirements, deadlines, or even transferring credits from prior learning experiences, our team is at-the-ready to give you the information you need to successfully complete your application for admission to Laurentian.
Undergraduate Admissions: Step-by-Step Guide
Each academic program at Laurentian has required and/or recommended secondary school courses to be considered for admission.
Visit our undergraduate program pages for program descriptions and admission requirements for Ontario high school students. Be sure to also check for any supplemental documentation required for your program.
To be admitted to an Ontario university, you must apply online through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) at ouac.on.ca.
- Ontario secondary school students will use the OUAC 101 application form. Students residing in Canada will use the 101D form while those with international student status registered in an Ontario high school, will use the 101F form.
- Secondary school students residing in Canada, but outside of Ontario will use the OUAC 105D application form.
- Mature student applicants residing in Canada will also use the 105D application form. In addition, Laurentian’s Office of Admissions requires you to submit a resume or CV specifying your education, work experience and interests, as well as a letter outlining the reason(s) you are pursuing university studies.
- Secondary school students residing outside of Canada will use the OUAC 105F application form. The OUAC website has many helpful resources including video tutorials, FAQ sections and step-by-step guides.
- All other domestic applicants will use the 105D form and International students will use the 105F form.
Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.)
Once you have applied, you will receive an important email from Laurentian’s Office of Admission with information on accessing your Applicant Portal. You should receive this email within 72 hours of submitting your application to OUAC.
Didn’t receive the email? Check your email spam folder or contact email@example.com.
Congratulations! You are now being considered for admission at Laurentian!
The Applicant Portal is an online resource for students who have applied for admission to Laurentian. The Portal allows you to access any supplemental forms required to process your application, to apply for a spot in residence, to receive information on fees, scholarships and bursaries, and much more! To access your Applicant Portal visit my.laurentian.ca.
Visit your Applicant Portal and explore the numerous scholarship and bursary opportunities available to our students.
You have received an offer from Laurentian. You must now confirm your selection.
- Your Offer of Admission will be posted in the Documents folder on your Applicant Portal.
- Review the details and conditions of your offer.
- You can accept your offer online by visiting ouac.on.ca. For detailed instructions on how to accept your offer, consult the step-by-step resource on your Applicant Portal.
- *If you have not applied via OUAC, please accept your offer by clicking accept in the Applicant Portal.
Early Conditional Offers
Applicants may receive an early conditional offer of admission in the fall based on their grade 11 average. Final admittance will depend upon their best six grade 12 U or M courses, and successful completion of the required courses and Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
While you’re waiting on the status of your application, you may receive an Alternate Offer from our Office of Admissions. Take the time to review the offer and learn more about the suggested program(s) or speaking with one of our liaison staff. Should you wish to be considered for an alternate open-enrolment program offered at Laurentian, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.