You are now in the main content area
Learn everything you need to be successful in business. The career of your dreams awaits!
Prepare for a career in management in a large company or, better yet, like 20% of our graduates, in your very own business as an entrepreneur, wherever you come from and wherever you’d like to go.
The Marketing and Management Department is recognized for educating socially responsible global business leaders.
Grounded on innovative and impactful research relevant to our diverse stakeholder’s populations, we are a regionally rooted institution with a global reach. We develop and prepare ethical business leaders through a flexible interdisciplinary approach to problem solving, industry integration, and experiential learning.
The office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, and closed for lunch from 12 PM - 1PM.
Location - F-424B
Telephone - 705-675-1151 ext 2121
Students in the BBA program are in good academic standing if they meet the following conditions:
- Have satisfied all conditions of admission.
- Have attained a minimum grade of C in each of the required courses (57 credits).
- Have obtained a minimum grade of C in all of the courses offered by the Faculty of Management.*
- Have attained a GPA of at least 3.5 in an academic year or in 30 consecutive credits.
- Have failed no more than six (6) credits in an academic year or in 30 consecutive credits.
*Students who do not meet this requirement must redo the course or abandon the program.
Students who fail to attain good academic standing in a given academic year or in 30 consecutive credits will be allowed to continue in the program on probation for no more than one (1) academic year or 30 consecutive credits.
If after this time students have not attained good academic standing, they must withdraw from the program.
Students will be required to withdraw from the program if they meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Does not satisfy all the conditions of admission within the first 30 credits.
- Have failed more than 42 credits.
- Have not achieved good academic standing in two (2) consecutive academic years or 60 credits.
- Have failed one (1) required courses twice. Students required to withdraw under this condition cannot take the failed business course again during the 30 credits following their withdrawal.
Students are encouraged to review all their graded work and to learn from the corrections and feedback supplied by the professors. If a student does not understand a grade they received, they should ask to meet with the professor to review the assignment. After meeting with the professor, if a student believes that they were not treated or graded fairly, they should arrange a meeting with the School Director to discuss the situation. All students have the right to appeal any grade they were awarded and can begin the process by first meeting with the professor of the course and then with the Chair of the Department.
Laurentian University has a number of Support Services that students can access.
Accessibility Services - Telephone: 705-675-1151 ext. 3324 E-Mail: email@example.com
Centre for Academic Excellence - Telephone: 705-675-1151 ext. 3300 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselling Services - Telephone: 705-673-6506 or 705-675-1151 ext. 6506 E-mail: email@example.com
Health and Wellness Services - Telephone: 705-675-673-6546 or 705-675-1151 ext. 1067
IT Service Desk - Telephone: 705-675-1151 ext. 2200 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security, Risk and Parking - Telephone: 705-673-6562 or 705-675-1151 ext. 6562
SafeWalk Service - Telephone: 705-562-5456