Laurentian University’s COVID-19 readiness plan has been approved by the Province of Ontario and Laurentian University is on the list of approved Designated Learning Institutions (DLI's) able to reopen to international students who aren’t currently in Canada.
Please click here to request a letter of support if you plan to travel to Canada for the Winter 2021 semester. The letter of support may be required to board flights to Canada. You may also present the letter of support to the Canada Border Services Agency officer at the Port of Entry (POE) upon your arrival in Canada.
Please complete the following before travelling to Canada:
- The Winter Travel Information Form to inform Laurentian University of your plan for the Winter 2021 term.
- If you are currently outside of Canada and plan on returning for the Winter 2021 term, make sure you have a quarantine plan. If you do not have one, please consult this website for instructions and download the available resources.
- If you do not have a place to quarantine, please contact Laurentian Residence at email@example.com for on campus options 14 days prior to your arrival to coordinate or see option 2 of the Quarantine Options.
- Consult the IRCC website for travel restrictions and exemptions and download the guide for international students.
- Download ArriveCan App and provide travel and contact information, a quarantine plan, and a COVID-19 symptom self-assessment before you board your flight. Show your ArriveCAN receipt when seeking entry to Canada. This process is mandatory as of November 20, 2020.
- Download the COVID Alert App created by the Government of Canada.
- Bring your valid study permit or POE letter of introduction that meets the travel exemption.
- Bring your valid Laurentian letter of acceptance.
- If applicable, bring a Laurentian confirmation of enrollment letter.
- Bring proof that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- Purchase a mask or face covering to wear throughout your travel.
Before you travel, you may contact the Border Information Service for more information. A border services officer will make a final decision on your eligibility to enter Canada when you arrive.
University offices will be closed from December 24, 2020 to January 4, 2021. You are strongly recommended to avoid travel between these dates unless necessary.