College Transfer Applicants
# 1 in Credit Transferability
Students who have completed at least one year of college studies may be eligible for admission to programs offered at Laurentian University.
At Laurentian, we weigh education credentials as well as acquired practical skills in creating opportunities for college transfer students. College degrees, diplomas and other post-secondary accomplishments will be considered on an individual basis, to ensure that students transferring to Laurentian are given the maximum value for their credits. To help you make the most of your previous educational experience, we have transfer policies and articulation agreements with other institutions, to expedite the credit transfer process. These agreements are designed to provide better student mobility among the partners through formal recognition of credits/programs at each institution.
Laurentian offers transfer students convenience and flexibility. Full time and part time programs are offered on campus or by non-traditional means such as distance education and online courses. The university also has a bilingual (English/French) learning environment where students choose from programs in the humanities, social sciences, engineering, science, professional schools and management.
For full time studies starting in September:
apply online to Laurentian University through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre at www.ouac.on.ca
- Please contact your previous institution to arrange for your official transcript(s)* from high school, college or university to be forwarded to our Office of Admissions.
For part time studies, please send the following documents to our Admission's office:
- official transcript(s) from high school, college or university attended
- completed application form
* An official transcript acknowledges academic work taken at an educational institution. If must bear the seal and a duly-authorized signature of the issuing institution. A photocopy is not acceptable.
Credit Transfer Chart
Credit Transfer Program
Use the ONTransfer website to learn how to transfer your credits.
In order to obtain your degree, you will need to successfully complete:
- 3-year degree: requires a minimum of 90 credits
- 4-year degree: requires a minimum of 120 credits
To qualify for full time status: enrolment in 24 to 30 credits per academic year is required.
To qualify for part time status: enrolment in a minimum of 3 credits to a maximum of 21 credits in an academic year.
Agreements with Francophone colleges:
Download the latest version of articulation brochures for Collège Boréal and La Cité.