Innovation. Entrepreneurship. Leadership.
The Foundry is a new initiative at Laurentian University, housed by the Jim Fielding Innovation & Commercialization Space. We’re here to enable our university innovators to ideate, create, and develop ideas that can go on to become startup companies or social entreprises. The students, faculty, and alumni of Laurentian University have shown us that the capacity to achieve incredible things is here, and it’s time we provide them with a home.
Housed within the Fielding Innovation Space, 5000 square-foot facility that includes a beautiful co-working space to foster collaboration and innovation, three meeting spaces, and a well- equipped development lab to provide experiential learning opportunities and support idea creation. There is also a large reception area for networking and event hosting. The Foundry will provide opportunities to engage with like minded fellows, explore new skills, and pursue opportunities that may have once been just an idea.
Stop in and say hello. We’re open to all.
Vision : Support the development of a vibrant innovative & entrepreneurial culture on-campus and in the community through training and networking
- Develop a culture of innovation & entrepreneurship amongst university innovators
- Promote innovative thinking and support the growth of innovation-based ventures
- Facilitate commercialization of intellectual property created at the university
- Provide state-of-the-art spaces that foster creativity and facilitate collaboration
- Facilitate interactions between university innovators, mentors, SMEs and community partners
- Promote leadership & empowered practical learning
- Develop an inclusive community of marketable entrepreneurial skills development
- Support the development of a vibrant innovative & entrepreneurial culture on-campus and in the community through training and networking
For our Students
“We foster the development of marketable entrepreneurial skills & ventures by facilitating creativity, innovation, and collaboration through conducive workspaces, programming, and coaching”
For our Faculty
“We enable the transformation of research driven intellectual property to scalable, commercialized business models and startups by providing our faculty with access to entrepreneurial skills, collaborative partner connections, and toolsets to facilitate in scaling”
For the Community
“We create a stronger talent pool, and opportunities for talent retention, in Sudbury by fostering empowered self-learning, soft-skill development, and by creating capable ambitious students through the development of entrepreneurial skills and innovative thinking”