Before joining Laurentian University, he taught at different post secondary institutions including the L'Université de Moncton (CUSLM), the University of Ottawa and Algonquin College where he was the founding Coordinator of the Bachelor of Applied Technology in Photonics. He also worked at Mitel Networks and at The National Research Council of Canada.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (1994)
- M.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (1989)
- B.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (1986)
Multidisciplinary research focus in Mechatronics, Optical instrumentation, Haptics and Fluid Mechanics. Current research projects include: Development of Optical devices and systems for imaging and metrology applications, development of Hapto-Visual Virtual reality systems for Biomedical Applications and development of a Friction Turbine (Tesla turbine).
SAKAH, M. and CHEBBI, B., (2016) Measuring solid surface velocity and detection of particle movement by Laser Bessel beams. Optical Engineering, 55(9), 091411(1)- 091411(10).
ZRYMIAK, W., SIMINOWSKI, M. and CHEBBI, B. (2016). Experimental Investigation of the Vibration of a Simply Supported Rod Immersed in an Axial Flow with a Nozzle Midway. Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, 40(1), 79-87.
TREMBLAY, L., ROY-VAILLANCOURT, M., CHEBBI, B., BOUCHARD, S., DAOUST, M., DÉNOMMÉE, J. and THORPE, M. (2016). Body Image and Anti-Fat Attitudes: An Experimental Study Using a Haptic Virtual Reality Environment to Replicate Human Touch. Cyberpsychology, Behaviors, and Social Networking, 19(2), 100-106.
GOLUB, I., CHEBBI, B. and GOLUB, J. (2015). Toward the optical “magic carpet”: reducing the divergence of a light sheet below diffraction limit. Optics Letters. 40(21), 5121-5124.
SAKAH, M., CHEBBI, B. and GOLUB, I. (2015). Measuring velocity with Bessel beam fringes. Optical Engineering, 54(8), 084106(1)-084106(4).
CHEBBI, B., and GOLUB, I. (2014). Development of spot size and lateral intensity distribution generated by exponential, logarithmic, and linear axicons. Journal of The Optical Society of America A, 31(11), 2447-2452.
TREMBLAY, L., CHEBBI, B., BOUCHARD, S., CIMON-LAMBERT, K., and CARMICHAEL, J. (2014). Learning disabilities and visual-motor skills; comparing assessment from a hapto-virtual reality tool and Bender-Gestalt test. Virtual Reality, 18(1), 49-60.
CHEBBI, B., GOLUB, I., and BREYGIN, P. (2013). Characterization of a refractive linear axicon with distant depth of field and no central blocking. Applied Optics, 52(35), 8572-8575.
SAIKALEY, A., CHEBBI, B., and GOLUB, I. (2013). Imaging properties of three refractive axicons. Applied Optics, 52(28), 6910-6918.
- CHEBBI, B., ., GOLUB, I. and GOURLEY, K. (2012) Homogenization of on-axis intensity distribution produced by a Fresnel refractive axicon, Optics Communications, Volume 285, Issue 7, Pages 1636,1641.
- GOURLEY, K., GOLUB, I. and CHEBBI, B. (2011) Demonstration of a Fresnel axicon, Applied Optics, Volume 50, 303-306.
- BAZINET, P., CHEBBI, B., TREMBLAY, L., EMPTAGE, E., & BOUCHARD, S. (2011) A Hapto-Visual Virtual Reality Tool for Visual-Motor Skills Testing of People with Learning Disabilities. Journal of CyberTherapy & Rehabilitation, 4(2), 264-265.
- CHEBBI, B., MINKO, S., AL-AKWAA, N., GOLUB, I., (2010) Remote control of extended depth of field focusing, Optics Communications, Volume 283, Issue 9, Pages 1678-1683.
- GOLUB, I., CHEBBI, B., SHAW, D. and NOWACKI, D., (2010) Characterization of a refractive logarithmic axicon, Optics Letters, Volume 35, 2828-2830S