Dr. Mallory has done ecological and behavioural studies on lemmings, voles, arctic ground squirrels, white-tailed deer, elk, caribou, wolves, coyotes, N. American & tropical felids, black bear, ring seals and beluga whales and more recently human liver fluke infection in Thailand.
- B.Sc. (Hons.)-Laurentian University
- M.Sc. -Laurentian University
- Ph.D.-University of Guelph
Associate Graduate Faculty, University of Guelph 2000-2006
Associate Graduate Faculty, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (Iztacala), 2000-2009
Chairman-Department of Biology, Laurentian University, 2002 - 2006
Associate Graduate Faculty-Biomolecular Science Doctorate Program, Laurentian University, 2004-present
Visiting Professor, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Thailand, 2012-2013.
Associate Editor- KKU Veterinary Journal, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand, 2013-present.
Macro-ecology & Animal Behaviour in Arctic, Boreal Forest, Eastern Deciduous Forest and Tropical Ecosystems (mammals, wildlife management, behaviour).
- Laurentian University Teaching Excellence Award
- Laurentian University Student Appreciation Award
Courses Taught: Introductory Biology I & II, Genetics, Field Camp, Animal Behaviour, Biogeography, Chordate Anatomy, Animal Ecology, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Biological Aspects of Human Sexuality, Wildlife Management, Research & Seminars, Literature Review, Evolutionary Biology I & II, Introduction to Vertebrates, Writing for Science,
+ Popp, J.N., D.N.C. McGeachy and J. Hamr. 2013. Elk (Cervus elaphus): seasonal habitat selection in a heterogeneous forest structure. International Journal of Forest Research 415913: 1 – 7. (Graduate Students-JNP, DNCM).
+ Jesse N. Popp, Tom Toman, Frank F. Mallory, and Josef Hamr. 2014. A century of elk restoration in eastern North America. Restoration Ecology 22: 723-730.
+ Echaubard, Pierre, Banchob Sripa, Frank F. Mallory and Bruce Wilcox. 2014. The importance of socio-ecological context in eco-health initiates. News from the Student Section. EcoHealth DOI: 10. 1007/s10393-014-0999-7.
- Ansell, A. K., R. Garcia-Collazo, C. B. Chavez Tapia & F. F. Mallory. 2014. Sexual dimorphism and thermoregulatory behaviour in the Long-tailed Spiny Lizard, Sceloporus. siniferus from Mexico, Pg. 121-142, in Lizards: Thermal Ecology, Genetic Diversity and Functional Role in Ecosystems, (M.P. Kiernan, ed.), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., NY. (ISBN: 978-1-63321-017-2).
- Hierlihy, K.,Garcia, R., Chavez, C.B. and F.F. Mallory. 2013. Sexual dimorphism in the lizard, Sceloporus siniferus: support for the intraspecific niche divergence and sexual selection hypotheses. Salamandra 49(1): 1-6. 66)
- Mallory, F.F., R.A. Carter, I.S. Kenn, J.L. Fortier, and B.N. White.2013. Cougars, Puma concolor, in Ontario: additional evidence. Can. Field-Nat. 126 (4): 320-323. 67)
- Mallory, F.F. 2013. Natural selection, infectious diseases and species evolution. Proc. 14th Khon Kaen Veterinary International Conference, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand (June 6-7, 2013): 52-77.
- Wiwchar, D.M.A. and F.F. Mallory. 2012. Prey specialization and morphological conformation of wolves associated with woodland caribou and moose. Rangifer 19: 309-328.
- Popp, J. N., F.F. Mallory and J. A. Schaefer. 2011. Site fidelity in the Mealy Mountain woodland caribou herd in Labrador. Rangifer 19: 87-95.
- García Alaníz N., E. J. Naranjo, and F. F. Mallory. 2010. Hair-snares: A noninvasive method for monitoring felid populations in the Selva Lacandona, Mexico. Tropical Conservation Science 3(4): 403-411.
- Garcia Alaniz, N., E.J. Naranjo and F.F. Mallory. 2010. Human-felid interactions in three mestizo communities of the Selva Lacandona, Chiapas, Mexico: benefits, conflicts and traditional uses of felid species. Human Ecology 38: 451-457.
- Wilson, P.J., S.K. Grewal, F.F. Mallory and B.N. White. 2009. Genetic characterization of hybrid wolves across Ontario. J. Heredity 100: 80-89.