About the Career Hub
The Career Hub provides career and employment (permanent/summer/ part-time) support services for undergraduate, graduate students and alumni from all disciplines. The Hub helps students develop lifelong career management skills through a comprehensive range of accessible services to support and empower students in making informed decisions about their career and employment goals. The Hub also assists employers in recruiting students from the university.
- Job Postings
- On-Campus Jobs
- Internship Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Career Coaching
- Resume, Cover Letter, and Interview Advising
- Employment and Career Workshops
For any questions relating to the Career Hub or career and employment services at Laurentian University, please email our team at email@example.com.
Join us Thursday November 16th in the Executive Learning Centre - FA 386 ELC - for an Employment in Canada Workshop hosted by the Career Hub and featuring International team IIRC Consultant Troy Boyer from 9:30am-10:30am.
You are welcome to join in person or by zoom link here: https://laurentian.zoom.us/j/97845111688?pwd=ZUNxenhWOFpEL3U0T2tsUjgrSTB4dz09
Our next Career Circle will be November 29th at 9:30am hosted virtually here:https://laurentian.zoom.us/j/92650328278?pwd=VnVyRnRQYmNNVzQvdjIwZjdQQmZCZz09 Career Circle is a wonderful gathering of students who bring their topics for discussion and we create the agenda in the begining of our time together and seek to create an informal discussion about job search, tools for searching and networking opportunities.
Please join us November 22nd, 2023 for a wonderful day engaging with programs and post-secondary opportunities fand next steps in your academic journey. The Grad Studies Fair will be held between 10 am and 3 pm in the Atrium Parker!
PSE Instiutions currently registered include our own Laurentian Grad Studies Team, as well as, NOSMU, McMaster-Engineering, UToronto-Nursing and Information, Algonquin College, OttawaU, St. Georges University-West Indies, Cambrian College, Boreal and more...
The Career Hub is planning an excellent week of Career and Employer Engagement from January 29 to February 2nd, 2024 for our winter career fair. Fantastic local, regional and national brands from professionnal service and health care organizations to government, business, mining and technology companies will be on hand interested to meet with Laurentian University students. If you have any questions or inquiries about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Employers Register during your preferred date below:
- Monday, January 29th from 1pm-6pm - Education Expo will kick off the week - School boards and other Education related exhibitors are welcome to register here - https://forms.gle/jfJT4eQ9M2m3C9Dz6
- Tuesday, January 30th, from 10am-3pm - Health Expo will be held - Hospitals, long-term care, insurance, health staffing and others are welcome to register here: https://t9xhp4brwv5.typeform.com/to/IRNKm9EX
- Wednesday, January 31st, from 1pm-6pm - Management and Government Expo will be held - Provincial, Municipal, Education, Entrepreneurs, Financial and others are welcome to Register here: https://t9xhp4brwv5.typeform.com/to/IRNKm9EX
- Thursday, February 1st, from 10am-3pm - Science, Technology and Mining Expo will be held - Mining, Construction, Engineering, technology and others are welcome to Register here: https://t9xhp4brwv5.typeform.com/to/IRNKm9EX
- Friday, February 2nd, from 1-3pm - Virtual Education Expo will wrap up the week, for Employers and students to engage that were not able to make it in person on the 29th. You can register and indicate your interest in the virtual option here: https://forms.gle/jfJT4eQ9M2m3C9Dz6
We are asking employers to bring their energy and summer and post graduation opportunities and consider raising the bar and turn the networking into interviewing on the spot to explore hiring Laurentian Students this year.
If you have any questions about this event, or would like an opportunity to present to students in some capacity please contact email@example.com!
Currently, the Career Hub will again be planning May 2024 spring virtual career expo. Building on the success of our first virtual Career Networking Expo in May 2023, employers from the region will be joining our zoom link for opening remarks and then will be directed to their individual breakout rooms to meet students and or alumni. Zoom links will be posted toward the end of the Winter term 2024. If you have questions or wish to participate as an employer you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.