Strategic Research Plan
During May and June 2018, members of the Laurentian University community are invited to provide feedback to the Strategic Research Plan’s drafting committee by sending their answers to the consultation questions below to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback by email will be accepted until the end of June 2018.
- In what ways do you identify as a researcher with the 5 strategic research directions listed in the Laurentian University Strategic Plan 2018-2023 (#16 to #20)? Explain.
- What drives your research? What “values” best represent who you are as a researcher?
- What are the strengths of the Laurentian Research community and where would you like to see LU research in the next 5 years?
- What kind of support is required to enhance Laurentian’s research program/enterprise?
May/June 2018 – Launch and Consultations
July 2018 – Analysis of Consultations
August 2018 – First Draft and Consultation with Faculties
September 2018 – Consultation with Senate on First Draft
November 2018 – Final Draft to Senate for Approval
December 2018 – Unveiling of New Strategic Research Plan
- Directors of Senate Approved Research Centres (May 16th, 2-3 pm, L-612)
- Research Chairs (May 17th, 2-3 pm, L-612)
- Francophone Research (May 24th, 2-3 pm, L-712)
- Indigenous Research (May 30th, 11 am to 12 pm, Senate Chambers)
- Representatives of the 7 Faculty Councils and the Library (June 6th, 2-3 pm, Senate Chambers)
- Gender & Diversity (June 7th, 2-3 pm, Senate Chambers)
- Public (June 14th, 2-3 pm, Senate Chambers)
- Student-Researchers (June 15th, 2-3 pm, Senate Chambers)
- Community Partners (May and June, by email)
Chair of Drafting Committee – Dr. Alain Gauthier
Research, Development and Creativity Council (RDCC) - Members: Dr. Daniel Archambault, Marthe Browne, Moira Ferguson, Dr. Christine Kraus, Dr. John Lewko, Dr. Brent Lievers, Dr. Johanne Melançon, Dr. Penny Moody-Corbett and Dr. Rui Wang
Tri-Council Leaders (Drs. Diana Coholic, Thomas Merritt and Jennifer Walker)
Staff Support – Andrée Noiseux (Office of Research Services)
For questions related to the Strategic Research Plan, please write to us at email@example.com.