Ann Pegoraro is the Director of the Institute for Sport Marketing (ISM) and holds an appointment as an Associate Professor in the School of Sports Administration, all at Laurentian University. Dr. Pegoraro holds a doctorate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and an MBA degree from Laurentian University.
- Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2006
- MBA, Laurentian University, 1994
- Post-Grad Diploma, Public Administration, Laurentian University, 1994
- Honours BA, Laurentian University, 1991
Associate Professor, School of Sports Administration
Adjunct Professor (cross-appointment) School of Human Kinetics
Adjunct Professor, Department of Communications Studies, Huntington University
On The Web
Dr. Pegoraro's research focuses mainly on sport communication and sport consumers, including how different forms of media are used to establish connections with consumers of sport at all levels from amateur to professional. Dr Pegoraro's work has been published in the Journal of Broadcast and Electronic Media, International Journal of Sport Communication, Communication and Sport, American Behavioral Scientist, Journal of Sport Management, the International Journal of Sport Marketing and Management and the Journal of Sponsorship.
SPAD 2036 - Sport Marketing I
SPAD 4106 - Social Media and Sport
SPAD 4036 - Special Topics
- O”Hallarn, B., Shapiro, S. and Pegoraro, A. (in press) Twitter Hashtags As Secondary Ticket Market Determinants, International Journal of Sport Management & Marketing
- Naraine, M., Pegoraro, A., Aurélien, F., and Parent, M. (in press). Twitter data collection in sport communication: A comparison of text-only and hashtag search queries using Team Canada’s men’s ice hockey competitions at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Revue européenne de management du sport
- Frederick, E., Pegoraro, A. and Burch, L. (in press). Echo chambers and the organic: A comparative analysis of traditional and social media framing of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games.
- Frederick, E., Stocz, M. and Pegoraro, A. (in press). Prayers, punishment, and perception: An analysis of the response to the Tony Stewart – Kevin Ward incident on Facebook, Journal of Sport & Social Issues
- Pegoraro, A. Scott, O. and Burch, L. (in press) Strategic use of Facebook to Build Brand Awareness: A Case Study of Two National Sport Organizations International Journal of Public Administration in the Digital Age
- Blaszka, M., Frederick, E. L., Newman, T., & Pegoraro, A. (in press) Was dissent being displayed during the Sochi Olympics? Examining the #Sochi2014 hashtag for dissent. Global Sport Business Association Journal.
- Pegoraro, A. (2015). Nine for IX Branded: From Affect to Action. Journal of Sports Media 10 (2), 45-63.
- Burch, L., Frederick, E. and Pegoraro, A. (2015). Kissing in the Carnage: An Examination of Framing on Twitter during the Vancouver riots Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media. 59 (3), 399-415.
- Pegoraro, A., Frederick, E., Burch, L. and Vincent, C. (2015). I Am Not Loving It: Examining The Hijacking Of #CheersToSochi International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing 15(3-4), 163–183.
- Abeza, G., Pegoraro, A., Naraine, M., Seguin, B. and O’Reilly, N. (2015). Activating a Global Sport Sponsorship with Social Media: An Analysis of TOP Sponsors, Twitter, and the 2014 Olympic Games. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing 15(3-4), 184–213.
- Hambrick, M. E. and Pegoraro, A. (2015) Social Sochi: Using Social Network Analysis to Investigate Electronic Word-of-Mouth Transmitted through Social Media Communities, Int. J. of Sport Management and Marketing 15(3-4), 120–140.
- Pegoraro, A. (2014) Twitter as Disruptive Innovation in Sport Communication. Communication and Sport 2(2) 132-137.
- Pegoraro, A. (2013). Sport fandom in the digital world. In P. Pedersen (Ed.), The Routledge Handbook of Sport Communication, 248-258. New York: Routledge
- Pegoraro, A. and Jinnah, N. (2012) The impact of professional athletes’ use of Twitter on current and potential sponsorship opportunities. Journal of Brand Strategy 1, 85-97.
- O”Reilly, N., Ayer, S., Pegoraro, A., Leonard, B. and Rundle-Thiele, S. (2012) Toward an Understanding of Donor Loyalty: Demographics, Personality, Persuasion, and Revenue. Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, 24:1, 65-81
- Nadeau, J., Pegoraro, A., O’Reilly, N., Jones, D.F. and Carvalho, P. (2011) Community Reflections and Attendance in Professional Sport: Diversity and Team-Market Congruence Journal of Sport Management 25 169-180
- Pegoraro, A. (2010) Look Who’s Talking—Athletes on Twitter: A Case Study International Journal of Sport Communication 3, 501-514
- Pegoraro, A., Ayer, S and O’Reilly, N. (2010) Consumer Consumption and Advertising through Sport. American Behavioral Scientist. 53; 1454-1475