Executive Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Administrative Lead in the Office of the President and Vice-Chancellor, the Executive Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Administrative Lead and to the President and Vice-Chancellor. The Executive Administrative Assistant will serve as a confidential executive secretary and will provide bilingual administrative assistance while being able to function efficiently in a high stress environment and work in an ethical and diplomatic manner with confidential material. The successful candidate coordinates the President’s calendar and related activities, including locating confidential files and dossiers, and will also administer and coordinate a variety of projects for the area. The successful candidate will assist in the efficiency and effectiveness of the office by utilizing strong judgement and applying prioritization techniques. This position requires strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the President’s calendar and related activities and maintain a thorough overview of the calendar and apply sound judgment;
- Coordinate the President’s travel requirements and related activities and ensure that all related aspects are efficiently organized;
- Dealing with highly sensitive, privileged and confidential information while providing confidential, discreet support to all aspects of the functions under the purview of this office;
- Receive and perform a preliminary review of incoming correspondence, signaling deadlines, expediting matters and ensure appropriate follow-up;
- Organize appropriate confidential files and dossiers, and locate, assess and track appropriate resources;
- Work under very tight deadlines, an environment with constant changing priorities and work with highly sensitive, privileged and confidential information in an ethical and diplomatic manner;
- Take initiative and make decisions on issues related to general office duties, functions and responsibilities, anticipating emerging issues of consequence and developing approaches to address same, knowing when to seek guidance and direction;
- Ensure effective liaison between the Executive Team and their assistants by following the governance structure;
- Operate under general direction and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prioritize, to take initiative and work effectively as part of an administrative team;
- Excellent typing and computer skills using various software including but not limited to, Google documents/folders, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Groupwise, Datatel and Intranet;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in communications or related field;
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as an assistant to a senior administrator or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Ability to work fluently, orally and in writing, in both official languages, English and French;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Tact, good judgment and leadership ability. Comfortable interacting with senior leaders in both public and private enterprise;
- Ability to adapt to and manage changing deadlines, tight timelines and a diverse environment with accuracy and finesse;
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality;
- Motivated with excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
- Able to work independently and take initiative, as well as perform effectively as a member of a team;
- Excellent competency with various office software and their application.
Applications will only be accepted through our online form.