- PhD Thesis: Creative Adequation: Merleau-Ponty's Philosophy of Philosophy
- upon finishing PhD, accepted position as Research Associate, Westminster Institute for Ethics and Human Values
- worked as ethicist for Canadian Medical Association for 6 years
- have worked with numerous organizations on ethics issues (Canadian Nurses Association, College of Family Physicians of Canada, College of Nurses of Ontario, Ontario Police College, etc.).
- cross-appointed to Northern Ontario School of Medicine as member of Theme II re: Personal and Professional Aspects of Medicine
- member of Ethics Committee of College of Family Physicians of Canada
- BA, Philosophy and English, York University
- MA, Philosophy, McMaster University
- PhD, Philosophy, McMaster University
- Full Professor of Philosophy, Laurentian University
- Cross-appointment to Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- main area of research is ethics and public policy
- currently researching in three related and overlapping areas:
- a) the tension and relationship between science and values in public policy;
- b) ethics and professionalism in medicine
- Virtual Scholar, Inter-Agency Panel on Research Ethics, SSHRC $25,000
Fall 2016 I will be teaching:
- Human Studies PhD 6156: Interdisciplinary Theory
- Early Modern Philosophy
I will also be teaching in the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
Yeo, M. (2015). No Integration without Differentiation: A Critical Look at Integrative Studies. In Perspectives in Interdisciplinary and Integrative Studies. Eds. P. Hughes, J. Munoz, and M. Tanner. Lubock, Tx: Texas Tech University Press, 38-53; 221-221.
Ketchen, J., Yeo, M. (2015). Of Sheep, Shepherds, and a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: The Cynical View of Politics in House of Cards and Plato’s Republic. In Philosophy and House of Cards. Ed. J. Hackett. London: Blackwell Publishing, pp. 5-16.
Yeo, Michael. (2014). Fault lines at the interface of science and policy: Interpretative responses to the trial of scientists in L'Aquila. Earth-Science Reviews 139, 406–419
Yeo, Michael. (2014). Implications of 21st century science for nursing care: interpretations and issues. Nursing Philosophy 15, 238–249, doi: 10.1111/nup.12069
Ogle, K., Sullivan, B., and Yeo, M. K (2013). Teaching ethics in family medicine: Introducing a faculty handbook. Canadian Family Physician, vol. 59, no. 10, 1126-1127.
Yeo, Michael. (2012). An Agenda for Service Learning in the Humanities. Interdisciplinary Humanities (29)3: 159-176,
Piper, Linda A., and Michael Yeo. (2011). Ecolabels, Ecocertification, and Ecotourism. Sustainable Tourism: Socio-Cultural, Environmental and Economics Impact, Opatjja, Croatia: University of Rijeka, 279-254.
Yeo, M., Moorhouse, A., Khan, P., & Rodney, P. (Eds.) (2010). Concepts and Cases in Nursing Ethics (3rd ed.) Peterborough, ON: Broadview Press. Principal author of first edition; first author of second and third edition.
Yeo, Michael, Emery, J.C. Herbert, and Kary, Dan. (2009). The Private Insurance Debate in Canadian Health Policy: Making the Values Explicit. SPP Research Paper: The Health Series, The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary, Volume 2, Issue 3.