Delivery Method: Online for credit program
Price: Each course in the program is one credit (Click here to see tuition rates)
Approximate Course Hours: 72 hours for a Statement of Professional Learning in Cardiac Care
ABOUT THIS MICRO-CREDENTIAL:
Cardiac Care on the Web is for Registered Nurses interested in Cardiac Care. This is an opportunity for Registered Nurses and third year nursing students to achieve specialty training, and prepare for accreditation opportunities. This experience facilitates independent learning. There are 12 one credit courses available within this program, after completing six one credit courses, you can apply for a Statement of Professional Learning.
There are 12 one credit courses available within this program, after completing six one credit courses, you can apply for a Statement of Professional Learning.
NURS 2418EL – Putting It All Together: Part 1
NURS 2428EL – Putting It All Together: Part 2
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Relate philosophical approaches to the nursing process;
- Summarize developmental trands and health promotion opportunities relevant to the cardiac client;
- Identify the major cardiac vessels and the circulatory mechanisms associated with the cardiac system;
- Examine cardiac pressure systems for application to cardiac monitoring;
- Apply relevant research literature to the use of cardiovascular medications in the management of common cardiovascular problems;
- Discuss the nurse's role and responsibilities in the management of drug therapy;
- Identify the clinical presentations of heart failure;
- Explore complications associated with chronic heart failure;
- Interpret 12 lead ECG.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Registered Nurses
- Third Year Nursing Students
- Recent Graduates
EARN A MICRO-CREDENTIAL:
You will earn a micro-credential after completing six of the micro-courses in this package.
To register please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org