Our clinic offers quality rehabilitative services to people of all ages with communication disorders living in Northern Ontario, while also providing students with clinical activities that allow them to bridge the gap between the theory learned in their courses and practice. The goal of the Speech and Language Clinic at Laurentian University is to educate and shape future professionals while offering assessment and intervention services to the Northern Ontario community.
Students taking part in these clinical activities are supervised at all times by registered Speech-Language Pathologists who are members in good standing of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).
The clinic offers services in fluency, voice, articulation, dysphagia, expressive and receptive language (both oral and written), as well as augmentative and alternative communication for children and adults.
Assessment and intervention services offered by the Speech and Language Clinic at Laurentian University are available to people of all ages in Northern Ontario.
The following services are offered to individuals of all ages and no medical referral is required:
- speech and/or language impairments or delays (oral and written) in children (0 to 12 years) and adolescents (12 to 18 years)
- Voice (phonation) impairments/disorders in children, adolescents and adults
- fluency disorders (stuttering) in children, adolescents and adults
- swallowing disorders in children, adolescents and adults
- neurological disorders (aphasia, apraxia, etc.) in children, adolescents and adults
Hours of operation: By appointment only
Rate: Please contact the Speech and Language University Clinic
Language in which services are offered: French and English
Anyone can self-refer. No medical referral required.
For more information or to book an appointment, please fill out a registration form and send it to us by mail, fax, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we receive this complete form, we will add your name to our waiting list.