(November 4, 2020) Laurentian University is proud to announce the launch of SecurLU-UL, the official safety app for our community. It is the only app that integrates with Laurentian University's safety and security systems.
Our Campus Safety team has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Laurentian University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
SecurLU-UL features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Laurentian University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Laurentian University security in real-time in case of a crisis
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert Campus Security.
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Laurentian University