You are now in the main content area

Current International Students

Experienced staff dedicated to helping international students who are preparing to study and currently studying at Laurentian University


As the hub for international student services and programs, Laurentian International’s staff will answer questions, make recommendations, and help students to navigate the processes and protocols required for international study in Canada. They can also fill you in on the numerous opportunities for Laurentian students to study abroad and gain valuable international experience while earning credits.

Welcome Guide

Your preparation guide for international students.

International Students Checklist


  • Attend the International Student Orientation.
  • Open a Canadian bank account, get a Canadian cell phone or SIM card. We will help you with this at the International Student Orientation.
  • Get your Laurentian student card at the myLaurentian Hub (first floor of the Parker Building). Register for your courses.
  • Contact our academic advisors to get help with registering for your courses
  • Buy your textbooks in our Bookstore online.
  • Verify your student account balance on Webadvisor and pay your tuition fees using Flywire.
  • (Optional) Get an Ontario Photo ID card so that you can leave your passport safely at home.
  • Prescription medication for the first few months of your stay in Canada.
  • A sufficient amount of travel/health insurance coverage to cover you before you start your studies.
  • Canadian currency to cover your expenses for the first few days in Canada ($500-$1000 CDN CASH).
  • A credit card. Contact your bank to confirm that your credit card will work in Canada. Please note: Tuition cannot be paid by credit card. 

Fall 2023 Orientation

Orientation Events hosted by the International Office

International Student Orientation
When: Friday, September 1st 2023
Where: Alumni Hall
Time: 10AM-12PM

International Student Orientation for late arrivals
When: Friday, September 8th 2023
Where: ZOOM
Time: 10AM-12PM

International Student Services

International Programs, 2nd floor Parker, P-210