B.Sc. Env. in Geography, Guelph University
M.Sc. Geography, Carleton University
Ph.D. Philosophy, Carleton University
On The Web
My research considers permafrost conditions and patterns of permafrost degradation in Arctic and sub-Arctic peatlands, and is conducted in collaboration with communities living in permafrost landscapes.
My current research focuses on thermokarst lake initiation, permafrost degradation near thermokarst lakeshores,and permafrost recovery in drained lake basins. My work takes place in Northern and central Yukon.
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. Internal topography of drained lake basins in the Old Crow Flats, Y.T. (submitted to Earth Surface Processes and Landforms in March 2015).
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR, McDonald ID. (2014) Vegetation-permafrost relations within the treeline ecotone near Old Crow, northern Yukon, Canada. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes, 25: 127-125. doi: 10.1002/ppp.1805 (full text available through Research Gate)
- Wolfe BB, Humphries MM, Pisaric MFJ, Balasubramaniam AM, Burn CR, Chan L, Cooley D, Froese DG, Graupe S, Hall RI, Lantz T, Porter TJ, Roy-Leveillee P, Turner KW. Wesche SD, Williams M. (2011) Environmental Change and Traditional Use of the Old Crow Flats in Northern Canada: An IPY Opportunity to Meet the Challenges of the New Northern Research Paradigm. Arctic, 64: 127-135.
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. Old Crow Flats: Thermokarst lakes in the forest-tundra transition. In Geomorphological Landscapes of Northern Canada, Edited by O. Slaymaker. (submitted for review in April 2015).
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. The oriented lakes of Old Crow Flats, Yukon Territory. (submitted for review to the 68th Canadian Geotechnical Conference and 7th Canadian Permafrost Conference in May 2015).
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. (2010) Permafrost conditions near shorelines of oriented lakes in Old Crow Flats, Yukon Territory. In 63rd Canadian Geotechnical Conference and 6th Canadian Permafrost Conference, Calgary, AB, Sept. 12-16, 2010, Canadian Geotechnical Society: Richmond, BC. pp. 1509-1516. doi:10.13140/2.1.1332.4167
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn, CR, Humphreys, E, Braul, Z. (2014) Near-shore talik geometry beneath thermokarst lakes in the Old Crow Flats, Northern Yukon. THAW 2014 - Thermokarst Aquatic Ecosystem Workshop, March 12-15, 2014,Quebec City, QC. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.1087812
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. (2012) Talik geometry and permafrost degradation under thermokarst lakes in the Old Crow Flats, Yukon Territory, Canada. IPY 2012: From Knowledge to Action, April 22-27, 2012, Montreal, QC. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.1061995
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. (2009) Permafrost near lakeshores in Old Cow Flats. In Yeendoo Nanh Nakhweenjit K'atr'ahanahtyaa (Looking after the land for the future): Environmental Change and Traditional Use of the Old Crow Flats in Northern Canada, Progress report to the community, February 2009, pp. 13-14.
- Roy-Léveillée P, Burn CR. (2008) Wind, water, and frozen earth: permafrost degradation along lake shorelines. In Yeendoo Nanh Nakhweenjit K'atr'ahanahtyaa (Looking after the land for the future): Environmental Change and Traditional Use of the Old Crow Flats in Northern Canada, Progress report to the community, February 2008, pp. 9-10.