You are now in the main content area
- Postdoc, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA, Nov. 2005 - June 2007
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, Jan. 2002 - Oct. 2005
- M.Sc., Applied Mechanics, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China, Sept. 1990 - Mar. 1993
- B.Sc., Engineering Mechanics/Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, Sept. 1986 - July 1990
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada, July 2007 - present
- Blood Cell Flows
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Porous and Particulate Flows
- Multiphase Flows
- Model and Algorithm Development
- Lattice Boltzmann Method
- Colloidal Systems
- Interfacial Phenomena
See the following links for complete publications:
- ENGR 2097 Fluid Mechanics I
- ENGR 3526 Fluid Mechanics II
- ENGR 2036 Engineering Thermodynamics I
- ENGR 2573 Engineering Thermodynamics II
- MATH 3416 Numerical Methods I
- ENGR 2016 Engineering Differential Equations
- ENGR 5526 Microfluidics
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: The Lattice Boltzmann Method
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Microscopic Complex Flows
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Mathematial and Numerical Methods in Engineering Sciences
- A. Rezghi and J. Zhang, Tank-Treading Dynamics of Red Blood Cell in Shear Flow: On the Membrane Viscosity Rheology, Biophysical Journal, in press, 2022.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, System-Dependent Behaviors of Nanofluids for Heat Transfer: A Particle-Resolved Computational Study, Computational Particle Dynamics, in press, 2022.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, Boundary and Interface Treatments for One-Unit Pore-Scale Simulations of Heat and Mass Transfer in Porous Materials, Achieves of Computational Methods in Engineering, in press, 2022.
- R. Wang and J. Zhang, Editorial for the Special Issue on Heat and Mass Transfer in Micro/Nanosystems, Micromachines, 13(7), 1151, 2022.
- A. Rezghi, P. Li and J. Zhang, Lateral Migration of Viscoelastic Capsules in Tube Flow, Physics of Fluids, 34(1), 011906, 2022.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, Effects of Microscopic Properties on Macroscopic Thermal Conductivity for Convective Heat Transfer in Porous Materials, Micromachines, 12(11), 1369, 2021.
- F. A. Amiri and J. Zhang, An Immersed Membrane Method for Mass Transfer across Flexible Semipermeable Membranes in Flows, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 128, 105601, 2021.
- A. Rezghi and J. Zhang, A Counter-Extrapolation Approach for the Boundary Velocity Calculation in Immersed Boundary Simulations, International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, 35(4), 248-268, 2021.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, The Generalized Periodic Boundary Conditions for Microscopic Simulations of Heat Transfer in Heterogeneous Materials, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 173, 121200, 2021.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Similar but Distinct Roles of Membrane and Interior Fluid Viscosities in Capsule Dynamics in Shear Flows, Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology, 12(2), 232-249, 2021.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Finite-Difference and Integral Schemes for Maxwell Viscous Stress Calculation in Immersed Boundary Simulations of Viscoelastic Membranes, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 19(6), 2667-2681, 2020.
- F. A. Amiri, G. Le, Q. Chen, and J. Zhang, Accuracy Improvement for Immersed Boundary Method Using Lagrangian Velocity Interpolation, Journal of Computational Physics, 423, 109800, 2020.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, The Temperature Decomposition Method for Periodic Thermal Flows with Conjugate Heat Transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 150, 119288, 2020.