- Postdoc, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA, Nov. 2005 - June 2007
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, Jan. 2002 - Oct. 2005
- M.Sc., Applied Mechanics, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China, Sept. 1990 - Mar. 1993
- B.Sc., Engineering Mechanics/Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, Sept. 1986 - July 1990
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada, July 2007 - present
- Microscopic Biofluid Mechanics
- Blood Cell Flows
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Multiphase Flows
- Particulate Flows
- Colloidal Systems
- Interfacial Phenomena
- Lattice Boltzmann Method
- Computational Physics
See the following links for complete publications:
- ENGR 2097 Fluid Mechanics I
- ENGR 3526 Fluid Mechanics II
- ENGR 2036 Engineering Thermodynamics I
- ENGR 2573 Engineering Thermodynamics II
- ENGR 5526 Microfluidics
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: The Lattice Boltzmann Method
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Microscopic Complex Flows
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Mathematial and Numerical Methods in Engineering Sciences
- ENGR 2016 Engineering Differential Equations
- J. He, J. Zhang, and H. Shang, Two-Phase Dynamic Modelling and Simulation of Transport and Reaction in Catalytic Sulfur Dioxide Converters, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, accepted, 2019.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, A Finite Difference Method with Sub-Sampling for Immersed Boundary Simulations of the Capsule Dynamics with Viscoelastic Membranes, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Biomedical Engineering, accepted, 2019.
- Z. Wang and J. Zhang, Simulating Anisotropic Flows with Isotropic Lattice Models via Coordinate and Velocity Transform, International Journal of Modern Physics C, accepted, 2018.
- J. He, J. Zhang, and H. Shang, Dynamic Modelling and Simulation of the Sulfur Dioxide Converter in an Industrial Smelter, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 97(6): 1838-1847, 2019.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, The Temperature Decomposition Method for Periodic Thermal Flows with General Wall Conditions, Numerical Heat Transfer B: Fundamentals, 74(3), 559-577, 2018.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Simulating Heat Transfer through Periodic Structures with Different Wall Temperatures: A Temperature Decomposition Method, Journal of Heat Transfer, 140(11), 112002, 2018.
- Z. Wang, F. Colin, G. Le, and J. Zhang, Counter-Extrapolation Method for Conjugate Heat and Mass Transfer with Interfacial Discontinuity, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 27(10), 2231-2258, 2017.
- M. Jbeili, G. Wang, and J. Zhang, Evaluation of Thermal and Power Performances of Nanofluid Flows through Square In-Line Cylinder Arrays, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 129(3), 1923-1934, 2017.
- Z. Wang, H. Shang, and J. Zhang, Lattice Boltzmann Simulations of Heat Transfer in Fully Developed Periodic Flows, Physical Review E, 95(6), 063309, 2017.
- J. He, J. Zhang, and H. Shang, A Soft Sensor for the Sulfur Dioxide Converter in an Industrial Smelter, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 95(6), 1093–1100, 2017.
- G. Wang and J. Zhang, Thermal and Power Performance Analysis for Heat Transfer Applications of Nanofluids in Flows around Cylinder, Applied Thermal Engineering, 112(2), 61-72, 2017.