You are now in the main content area
- Postdoc, Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, USA, Nov. 2005 - June 2007
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, Jan. 2002 - Oct. 2005
- M.Sc., Applied Mechanics, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China, Sept. 1990 - Mar. 1993
- B.Sc., Engineering Mechanics/Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, Sept. 1986 - July 1990
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada, July 2007 - present
- Microscopic Biofluid Mechanics
- Blood Cell Flows
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Multiphase Flows
- Particulate Flows
- Colloidal Systems
- Interfacial Phenomena
- Lattice Boltzmann Method
- Computational Physics
See the following links for complete publications:
- ENGR 2097 Fluid Mechanics I
- ENGR 3526 Fluid Mechanics II
- ENGR 2036 Engineering Thermodynamics I
- ENGR 2573 Engineering Thermodynamics II
- ENGR 5526 Microfluidics
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: The Lattice Boltzmann Method
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Microscopic Complex Flows
- ENGR 5696 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Mathematial and Numerical Methods in Engineering Sciences
- ENGR 2016 Engineering Differential Equations
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, Generalized Periodic Boundary Conditions for Microscopic Simulations of Heat Transfer in Heterogeneous Materials, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, accepted, 2021.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Similar but Distinct Roles of Membrane and Interior Fluid Viscosities in Capsule Dynamics in Shear Flows, Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology, accepted, 2021.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Finite-Difference and Integral Schemes for Maxwell Viscous Stress Calculation in Immersed Boundary Simulations of Viscoelastic Membranes, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 19(6), 2667-2681, 2020.
- F. A. Amiri, G. Le, Q. Chen, and J. Zhang, Accuracy Improvement for Immersed Boundary Method Using Lagrangian Velocity Interpolation, Journal of Computational Physics, 423, 109800, 2020.
- M. Jbeili and J. Zhang, The Temperature Decomposition Method for Periodic Thermal Flows with Conjugate Heat Transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 150, 119288, 2020.
- J. He, J. Zhang, and H. Shang, Two-Phase Dynamic Modelling and Simulation of Transport and Reaction in Catalytic Sulfur Dioxide Converters, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 58(25), 10963-10974, 2019.
- Z. Wang and J. Zhang, Simulating Anisotropic Flows with Isotropic Lattice Models via Coordinate and Velocity Transform, International Journal of Modern Physics C, 30(10), 1941001, 2019.
- S. K. Das, M. Cenanovic, and J. Zhang, A Physics-Based Estimation of Mean Curvature Normal Vector for Triangulated Surfaces, Proceedings of the International Geometry Center, 12(1), 70-78, 2019.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, A Finite Difference Method with Sub-Sampling for Immersed Boundary Simulations of the Capsule Dynamics with Viscoelastic Membranes, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Biomedical Engineering, 35(6), e3200, 2019.
- J. He, J. Zhang, and H. Shang, Dynamic Modelling and Simulation of the Sulfur Dioxide Converter in an Industrial Smelter, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 97(6), 1838-1847, 2019.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, The Temperature Decomposition Method for Periodic Thermal Flows with General Wall Conditions, Numerical Heat Transfer B: Fundamentals, 74(3), 559-577, 2018.
- P. Li and J. Zhang, Simulating Heat Transfer through Periodic Structures with Different Wall Temperatures: A Temperature Decomposition Method, Journal of Heat Transfer, 140(11), 112002, 2018.