Before you Apply
Is an English Language Institute Program right for me?
There are two types of second language learners who can apply to be placed in an English Language Institute (ELI) program:
- Students who are interested in exclusively applying for an ELI program - English language studies ONLY
- Students who are interested in applying for a Laurentian degree program but do not yet meet the language requirements. - will complete English language studies prior to transitioning into academic degree studies
Preparing your Documents for Application
In order to apply for a program, the following documentation will need to be submitted along with your application:
- Compiled education status, interests, and work experiences into a CV
- Official high school diploma with notarized English translation
- Official high school transcript with notarized English translation
- Official documentation of a TOEFL or IELTS language test score (if applicable)
- Valid passport
Individuals who are interested in applying for an English Language Institute program can do so online by completing the application form accessed at the link below:
Once your application has been submitted you can expect to receive an acknowledgement email from Laurentian University. Within this email, you will receive a user name and password which will grant you access to the Application Portal.
All new applicants will pay a one-time, non-refundable $100 application fee.
An applicant must use the Application Portal to view and accept any offers from Laurentian University. Any offers will include program title and start date. Once you have accepted an offer, you will then have access to Laurentian University’s Student Portal. Using the Student Portal you can:
- Subscrive to a meal plan
- Apply for residence
- Access academic departments
- Access registrar and fees
It is the responsibility of the student to accept their offer to attend Laurentian by the deadline for that semester. Missing any deadlines may result in a delay of acceptance.