I joined the staff of the J.N. Desmarais Library and Archives in 2008, where I serve as liaison librarian for the Faculty of Arts. Currently, I am Chair of the Department of the Library and Archives.
- Masters, Library Science (Western)
- B.A., History (Toronto)
- Associate, Piano Performer (Royal Conservatory, Toronto)
I am interested in the bibliography of Canadian labour studies and with my colleague, Dan Scott, produce the Labour Studies Index, an open access index first published in 2015. Previously, I was editor of CAML Review, published by the Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archvies and Documentation Centres (CAML). I have written on the bibliography of film music, The Encyclopedia of Music Canada, and the development of bibliographic expertise in gerontology, as well as over 120 book reviews.
I teach classes on library resources and research for the Faculty of Arts as well as classes on Zotero for citation and bibliography.
- Canadian Labour Studies Index (website)
- Canadian Labour Studies Index (article co-written with Dan Scott)
- The Encyclopedia of Music in Canada at 30
- A Librarian's Reflections on the Emerging Bibliography of Film Music
- Becoming a Subject Literature Expert: A Case Study in Gerontology
- Over 120 book reviews, mostly for the Canadian Book Review Annual