Media Design and Development Technician, Centre for Continuing Learning
Term Appointment – Until March 2022
Reporting directly to the Director, Centre for Continuing Learning and working closely with the instructional designer, the successful candidate will:
- create and upload course web pages in LMS such as D2L, moodle or Canvas
- use HTML or HTML5 (e.g., using Dreamweaver or other HTML editor);
- create visual content, including text and screen layout while ensuring visual cohesion;
- produce images, graphics, charts and videos;
- provide appropriate D2L training to faculty and students as requested;
- research new D2L tools and provide training to CCE staff;
- evaluate and modify as required the site administrative procedures in collaboration with Elearning;
- edit, revise, and update existing online courses as necessary;
- review and repair technical problems in courses before each offering;
- keep abreast of the new technologies related to the internet, the multimedia field, and all other software programs used by the Centre for Continuing Education and the University;
- perform other duties directly related to the position as required.
- post-secondary degree or diploma in the area of multimedia studies, information systems or a related field, with one or more years of relevant experience;
- expert knowledge of the D2L software/hardware platform, educational technologies, computer programs, instructional materials and technologies,
- in-depth knowledge of HTML coding, Dreamweaver, Java Script, and Photoshop or other graphics software
- attention to detail, proofreading, and quality assurance skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills and an openness to new approaches;
- good English language skills (oral and written) and a good knowledge of oral French.
Applications will only be accepted through our online form.